Today, God revealed to me a portion of his heart toward us that I wish to share, but I admit, I am having a difficult time describing my thought process, so bear with me, please!
- I was anxious because I could not feel the presence of God
- I confessed this was a result of feeling guilt and shame for my transgressions
- I said I wished to be in heaven and feel near to God… without ceasing
To which God replied:
- You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13)
- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)
- The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)
(Notice how he conquered each fear or negative feeling with scripture)
Then, he explained that, if he delights in us now, how much more so is he excited about us going to heaven to be with him? A lot! And if he really wants us to be fulfilled in heaven, with him, then how important must our purpose on Earth be if he is waiting until a specific day for us to die? Very! I found this to be quite encouraging, and hope you do also!